Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Looking deeper into our hearts in order to look like What?

What is love? Who is love? What does love look like? In this post we will be dealing with what Love truly is.

An example of love is in this song: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tLqnW4ZDxlg.



Here is a video on love to give you a clue on where I am ultimately going with this: http://shorelinechurch.org/sermon-videos/?
Moreover if you can't get enough sleep here is a link that may help: http://ins.pr/pV5eo+ziAkcBrAAAS
Also, it is not love if we focus on someone else: 
1. To have God dwell within me means that he will never leave or let me go. 
2. I feel like this quote helped convict me of focusing on a deeper intimate relationship with someone else instead of God. I choose to be as close to God as I see fit and not the right way. I am willing to fully give up my focus on my pastor in order to grow into a deeper intimate relationship with God. 
3. I was in awe of God last Sunday morning when I cried like a infant about my past and growing up. 


Ezekiel 11:16-20 NIV
[16] “Therefore say: 'This is what the Sovereign Lord says: Although I sent them far away among the nations and scattered them among the countries, yet for a little while I have been a sanctuary for them in the countries where they have gone.' [17] “Therefore say: 'This is what the Sovereign Lord says: I will gather you from the nations and bring you back from the countries where you have been scattered, and I will give you back the land of Israel again.' [18] “They will return to it and remove all its vile images and detestable idols. [19] I will give them an undivided heart and put a new spirit in them; I will remove from them their heart of stone and give them a heart of flesh. [20] Then they will follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws. They will be my people, and I will be their God.
Romans 6:12-14 NIV
[12] Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its evil desires. [13] Do not offer any part of yourself to sin as an instrument of wickedness, but rather offer yourselves to God as those who have been brought from death to life; and offer every part of yourself to him as an instrument of righteousness. [14] For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace.
Ephesians 4:30 NIV
[30] And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.
Hebrews 8:8-12 NIV
[8] But God found fault with the people and said : “The days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the people of Israel and with the people of Judah. [9] It will not be like the covenant I made with their ancestors when I took them by the hand to lead them out of Egypt, because they did not remain faithful to my covenant, and I turned away from them, declares the Lord. [10] This is the covenant I will establish with the people of Israel after that time, declares the Lord. I will put my laws in their minds and write them on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people. [11] No longer will they teach their neighbor, or say to one another, 'Know the Lord,' because they will all know me, from the least of them to the greatest. [12] For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more. ”
1 Kings 8:61 NIV
[61] And may your hearts be fully committed to the Lord our God, to live by his decrees and obey his commands, as at this time.”
John 14:15-17 NIV
[15] “If you love me, keep my commands. [16] And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever--- [17] the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.
Galatians 5:22-23 NIV
[22] But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, [23] gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.
So I warn you be careful out there! 

Let's look like love who is Jesus! Amen? 

Blessings!



No comments:

Post a Comment