Friday, May 13, 2016

Giving and my testimony of my experience with holding everything back

You know the biblical saying: "give and you will receive a good measure pressed down shaken together running over will be poured into your lap." Right? 
Well those are Jesus words and I take them seriously! 

Lately, I have been prompted to give but failed because I was afraid of becoming an Indian giver. 


1. To be honest, my hands are tightfisted like a child with a toy. 
2. Honestly I have not been practicing the gift of giving because I believe that will not get it back. In the past though, I did give my books to my boyfriend and friends and I felt guilty afterwards which is how it affected me mentally and emotionally. I realize this is false guilt from the enemy. 
3. Giving to God in order to receive from him is wrong because it makes us feel guilty and selfish when we should be open to giving generously. 

Proverbs 3:9-10 NIV
[9] Honor the Lord with your wealth, with the firstfruits of all your crops; [10] then your barns will be filled to overflowing, and your vats will brim over with new wine.
Luke 21:1-4 NIV
[1] As Jesus looked up, he saw the rich putting their gifts into the temple treasury. [2] He also saw a poor widow put in two very small copper coins. [3] “Truly I tell you,” he said, “this poor widow has put in more than all the others. [4] All these people gave their gifts out of their wealth; but she out of her poverty put in all she had to live on.”
2 Corinthians 9:6-8 NIV
[6] Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. [7] Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. [8] And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.

Jesus loves you and when he prompts you to give without interest, do it! Seriously! 

Give and you shall receive. 

Jesus bless! 

No comments:

Post a Comment