Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Adultery vs. Idolatry: How to Avoid Committing this Great Sin Inside and Out

Take a look at my devotional today and how it struck me.


1. Sexual choices with my past boyfriend even though we were not fully uncovered, made my life pleasurable at the moment but later, I felt the sting of guilt through the Lord. Good choices like paying my friend's phone bill online and not robbing my care providers made it feel like I was independent. These choices affected the course of my life by reminding me that there is no perfect decision. 
2. The area that I need to turn from disobedience is fantasying having children and being married to another man other than the Lord. Yes, I will choose to turn from those fantasies and turn to the Lover of my soul. 
3. I will turn my back on my thoughts of getting married to another lover and having children by that lover other then the true Lover of my soul whom I spiritually had children by. Thank you Jesus for letting me be a mother in your Spirit! 

Ezekiel 36:24-27 NIV
[24] “ 'For I will take you out of the nations; I will gather you from all the countries and bring you back into your own land. [25] I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your impurities and from all your idols. [26] I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. [27] And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws.
Hebrews 12:14-29 NIV
[14] Make every effort to live in peace with everyone and to be holy; without holiness no one will see the Lord. [15] See to it that no one falls short of the grace of God and that no bitter root grows up to cause trouble and defile many. [16] See that no one is sexually immoral, or is godless like Esau, who for a single meal sold his inheritance rights as the oldest son. [17] Afterward, as you know, when he wanted to inherit this blessing, he was rejected. Even though he sought the blessing with tears, he could not change what he had done. [18] You have not come to a mountain that can be touched and that is burning with fire; to darkness, gloom and storm; [19] to a trumpet blast or to such a voice speaking words that those who heard it begged that no further word be spoken to them, [20] because they could not bear what was commanded: “If even an animal touches the mountain, it must be stoned to death.” [21] The sight was so terrifying that Moses said, “I am trembling with fear.” [22] But you have come to Mount Zion, to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem. You have come to thousands upon thousands of angels in joyful assembly, [23] to the church of the firstborn, whose names are written in heaven. You have come to God, the Judge of all, to the spirits of the righteous made perfect, [24] to Jesus the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood that speaks a better word than the blood of Abel. [25] See to it that you do not refuse him who speaks. If they did not escape when they refused him who warned them on earth, how much less will we, if we turn away from him who warns us from heaven? [26] At that time his voice shook the earth, but now he has promised, “Once more I will shake not only the earth but also the heavens.” [27] The words “once more” indicate the removing of what can be shaken---that is, created things---so that what cannot be shaken may remain. [28] Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe, [29] for our “God is a consuming fire.”
1 Peter 3:8-12 NIV
[8] Finally, all of you, be like-minded, be sympathetic, love one another, be compassionate and humble. [9] Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult. On the contrary, repay evil with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing. [10] For, “Whoever would love life and see good days must keep their tongue from evil and their lips from deceitful speech. [11] They must turn from evil and do good; they must seek peace and pursue it. [12] For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their prayer, but the face of the Lord is against those who do evil.”
Romans 12:1-2 NIV
[1] Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God---this is your true and proper worship. [2] Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is---his good, pleasing and perfect will.

http://shorelinechurch.org/sermon-videos/?enmse=1?&enmse_tid=115

I want you to know desperately that Jesus can heal your hurt and forgive you of your iniquity. You just have to confess.
I know for me the problem is how I tend to not just overthink things, but hide things from God and say I am alright and pretend like I did not do anything!

Caution: The following reading may have content not made for little children even though it is from the bible: http://www.biblestudytools.com/msg/ezekiel/16.html

Yes I said it! You can commit adultery within your heart which will make the Lord jealous and angry! Take it from me who learned her lesson spiritually and physically.

I love you my readers!
Take care,
Tatiana


No comments:

Post a Comment