Saturday, May 28, 2016

Frustrating Success: How We As people Need Not to compare ourselveswith others


"Come on, work with me!" You may have heard this statement before. 
I normally say that because an item is not working the way I want it to. Confessions, yeah I know! Tough love! 
Below may sound personal but it's true. Take a look: 
1. Personal battles that seem huge and daunting to me are comparison to Britt Nicole and her way of living. Also, trying to live up to the world's view of living through music. 
2. Emotions that are causing this are fear and loneliness. 
3. The last time God went ahead of me to conquer a battle I was facing was my family and the conservative opposition we were facing even though it costs my mother and brother their home three years later. 


2 Chronicles 20:15-17 NIV
[15] He said: “Listen, King Jehoshaphat and all who live in Judah and Jerusalem! This is what the Lord says to you: 'Do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast army. For the battle is not yours, but God's. [16] Tomorrow march down against them. They will be climbing up by the Pass of Ziz, and you will find them at the end of the gorge in the Desert of Jeruel. [17] You will not have to fight this battle. Take up your positions; stand firm and see the deliverance the Lord will give you, Judah and Jerusalem. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Go out to face them tomorrow, and the Lord will be with you.' ”
Psalm 28:6-7 NIV
[6] Praise be to the Lord, for he has heard my cry for mercy. [7] The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him.
Ephesians 6:10-18 NIV
[10] Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. [11] Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. [12] For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. [13] Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. [14] Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, [15] and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. [16] In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. [17] Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. [18] And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord's people.

For example: 
Comparing yourself to another person or sister in Christ or brother in Christ is a "no no!" 
The fact of the matter is: Jesus has won the battle when he died on the Cross for our sins! The battle has been waged: look at the above verses. 
The reality is that just because some brother or sister in Christ seems to have: the perfect life, a perfect marriage, perfect children who are raised in the training and instruction of the Lord and perfect devoted time with Jesus everyday, does NOT mean it is true!!!
I will be honest with you comparison stinks: 

Hope this encourages you to reach out to those around the world as well as those in your neighborhood. 

Many blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment