Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Sharing our prayer life together: how to look to Jesus even inthemiddle of the day

This is a statement that is true.

My morning prayer goes a little like this:
"Thank you Jesus for waking me up this morning and seeing me through the night. Thank you for food on my table clothes on my back and a roof over my head. Thank you that your mercies are new every morning and that there is new hope in you. 
Lord help me to put on the full armor of God today and stand my ground against the enemy. The helmet of Salvation on my head to protect my thoughts. And Lord let me take every thought captive and bring it to you. The breastplate of righteousness on my chest; tucked into the belt of truth which is buckled around my waist. In my right hand, the sword of the Word to dig out the fiery arrows that miss and hit me. Psalm 139:23-24 NIV
[23] Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. [24] See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. Psalm 26:2-3 NIV
[2] Test me, Lord, and try me, examine my heart and my mind; [3] for I have always been mindful of your unfailing love and have lived in reliance on your faithfulness.
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change. Courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference. Matthew 6:9-13 NIrV
[9] "This is how you should pray. " 'Our Father in heaven, may your name be honored. [10] May your kingdom come. May what you want to happen be done on earth as it is done in heaven. [11] Give us today our daily bread. [12] And forgive us our sins, just as we also have forgiven those who sin against us. [13] Keep us from sinning when we are tempted. Save us from the evil one.' All this I pray in Jesus name. Amen.

Bonus: Psalm 141:3 NIV
[3] Set a guard over my mouth, Lord; keep watch over the door of my lips.



Hope this encourages you to be prayerful in the morning and throughout the day.

Blessings! 

No comments:

Post a Comment