Sunday, December 13, 2015

Willingness to Forgive and the Power of Our Words

Has someone ever hurt or betrayed you? No, seriously! Could be a family member, a close friend that you thought they had your back.
Here's the punch line y'all: when a person does something or says something against you, you are NOT  to make matters worse by venting about how you feel when you are angry. You are to ask Him to help you heal the brokenness in the relationship.

Take the Bible for instance:

 "If your brother sins against you, go to him. Tell him what he did wrong. Keep it between the two of you. If he listens to you, you have won him back. 
16 "But what if he won't listen to you? Then take one or two others with you. Scripture says, 'Every matter must be proved by the words of two or three witnesses.'(Deuteronomy 19:15) 
17 But what if he also refuses to listen to the witnesses? Then tell it to the church. And what if he refuses to listen even to the church? Then don't treat him as your brother. Treat him as you would treat an ungodly person or a tax collector. 
18 "What I'm about to tell you is true. What you lock on earth will be locked in heaven. What you unlock on earth will be unlocked in heaven. 
19 "Again, here is what I tell you. Suppose two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for. My Father in heaven will do it for you. 

20 Where two or three people meet together in my name, I am there with them."

When people are like that against you and you feel the need to "vent", my desire for you starting today if this occurs, is to pray to Jesus Christ and ask Him to reveal your part and where you messed up in the relationship. Then ask Him for forgiveness (simple), and have Him cleanse you whole being from the inside out. 
Next, go to that person and ask for their forgiveness if you have had any part in the mess of the relationship. Third, say something like this:  "I have sinned against God and against you. Please accept my apology and be wiling to forgive me if you can. If you can't forgive me, my door is ALWAYS open to you for you to come and sit with me at the Table of Forgiveness and Abundance. Thank you for your time and many blessings to you."

My pastor made it clear, it is SIN to gossip or even vent out loud behind the person who wronged you. 

Hope this helps and see y'all around!

Many blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment