Sunday, September 22, 2013

Glasses: the truth behind my own eyes

I've been wearing glasses since I was two because of vision problems. Let me tell you the story.
As most of you know, I was born premature at 24 weeks. 
I was born a premature child because of labor pains mom felt the night before she went into labor. When she couldn't go back to sleep, she went to work the same day, but left because the pains continued. 
Later at the hospital, she was checked in and was induced into labor because of a very ill life threatening fluid infection inherent sac. Plan B was premature delivery. 
As soon as delivery took place, I was intubated and put to sleep. 
During the next three months, my parents visited me often and regularly recorded stories of children's books and soft songs to listen to so I could feel their presence. 
One day my mom and grandma were visiting me when they noticed a group of doctors and nurses around a warming tray far from mine. When the alarms went off it wasn't until everyone was moved out of the intensive care nursery. When everyone returned there was a little bundle wrapped in a plastic bag. A baby died. 
Besides that, let me tell you the real reason I wore glasses. I wore glasses because of presure on the eyes causing me not to see very well. 
Long story short, the day I got engaged, I lost my glasses. Figures. 
Well I hope you enjoyed the story! 

No comments:

Post a Comment