Saturday, July 22, 2017

Being Content is tough: but maybe not bad

The bible tells us to be content in all areas of our lives. How?
I have been buying iTunes for years now and it just occurred to me that the Lord was telling me to not buy iTunes anymore. You are probably wondering why this may be...
It's because it is truly impossible for me to finish an entire playlist of songs on both my iPhone and computer and so, I need to be happy in this area of my life! 
And more...

Contentment is and elusive emotion. Once we find contentment we have to fight to keep it. 

But maybe contentment is not something we look for. Maybe it is something we find when we stop looking. 

I am content for one reason: I have a Maker who supplies all my needs according to his glory that is in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19 NIV
[19] And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.

So, be elusively content with what you have and stop wanting EVERYTHING. 

For more, visit www.proverbs31.org!

Blessings!


No comments:

Post a Comment