Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Believing in Condemnation versus Conviction: how to not be so guilty and feel so ashamed

Recently, I got into trouble with my staff for throwing an attitude over something so small with a disabled person. When confronted with the evidence of attitude, I started to feel ashamed. I felt so guilty.
But then I remember a Shoreline pastor who spoke about the difference between feeling convicted and feeling condemned. He stated that condemnation sweeps over us with thoughts such as, "you a hypocrite and a failure. You know better!" It brings guilt and shame.
But God’s conviction is specific. He’ll show us a behavior that was wrong and usually give us an idea on how to make it right. Like nudging us to apologize or to ask for forgiveness.
Well, I did just that. I let God’s conviction bring restoration between my clients staff, the client and myself by apologizing. And eventually, my guilt went away.
For more, please visit proverbs31.org.
Blessings!
You shall NOT be condemned any longer!

1 comment:

  1. It is perfect time to learn something new. I have read your blog post and if I could I want to offer you some advices. Perhaps you can make the following blogpost about the APA dissertation format?
    P.S. Sorry for being off-topic but I had to ask!

    ReplyDelete